During your pregnancy, all you think about is your little angel on the way and some sleepless nights perhaps?
Don’t worry about that, you won’t even notice that, not while you staring at your angel the whole time(smile)
People wishing you all the best and happiness with the new baby on the way, It’s the most wonderful time for a new mom.
For a new mom, it will be very helpful to know how to prepare herself for her new baby. Sometimes we have to sit down and make a list. Little babies need a lot of gear!
I always say babies are more expensive than adults! The smaller the size, the bigger the bill! I’m sure parents appreciate the baby shower idea, It”s a great idea, and definitely a huge help for them.
They not even born yet, and yet they already cost you a lot! Anyway, these little sweethearts deserve the best all the time! And it is so nice to buy this little cute stuff for them! I loved shopping for my babies!
You spend the last several months dreaming of the day you finally get to meet your baby.
You stocked up on baby gear. Let’s look at what we have to prepare ourselves for:
What Are The Basics You Need Before Your Baby Arrive?
Pack your basics ‘early’ in case labor begins earlier than scheduled. You want to have that hospital bag ready to go whenever the baby is!
Make sure you have all the essentials before you head to the hospital!
Packing list for yourself
- Id Document, It’s always needed wherever you go.
- Insurance info/ medical aid documents (if you have any)
- Eyeglasses. If you wear glasses you definitely will pack them. It’s important to ‘see’ everything!
- Cell phone and charger. Family and friends want to share your special day with you.
- Toiletries and personal items, Like hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, facecloth, face wash, towel, underwear, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, lightweight clothing for when you leave the hospital, and sleepwear. It’s very easy to forget some of these important items! Happen to me so many times!
The Basic needs For Your Baby
- Lots of bibs. Generally, newborns should wear them as some babies do spit up during breastfeeding and feeding in general. This will also save you from having to wash the baby’s clothes after every feed.
- Burp cloths. You can use them to wipe milk dribbles, sneezes, or whatever comes your way. Stock up on burp cloths that are soft, absorbent, and hold up well after many washes.
- Long and short sleeve onesies. First off, they’re warm. They’re also extremely comfortable. You need to keep your baby warm.
- Socks and booties. Babies have poor circulation at first, and their feet are often colder than ours. Socks are helpful for newborns, especially if you’re venturing outdoors.
- Sleepwear. A two-piece cotton PJ set or cotton onesie plus a swaddle should suffice.
- Warm clothes. Your baby will need several layers of clothing to keep warm and then wrap him or her in a receiving blanket.
- Cotton blankets, your newborn needs to be covered in soft, warm, and cozy blankets.
- Receiving blankets. The common, use for a receiving blanket is to wrap your baby up and keep him or her warm. These soft coverings provide a baby with security and heat.
Bringing Newborn Home from The Hospital
Make sure you’re comfortable with these newborn care basics, especially if you a new mom.
- Handling a newborn, especially the neck.
Make sure your baby’s head is resting against your chest. Slide your hand up from the baby’s bottom to support their neck.
Gently move your baby’s head to the crook of your arm, still supporting the baby’s neck. Place your other hand under the baby’s bottom.
- Changing a baby’s diaper
- Bathing your baby
- Dressing your baby
- Swaddling your baby
- Cleaning the umbilical cord
- Using the bulb syringe
- Taking baby’s temperature
- Tips for soothing your baby
- Feeding and burping your baby
More Special Needs When You Arrive At Home For:
- Breast pump. If you are a new mom and breastfeeding your baby, remember both you and your baby go through a learning process of how breastfeeding works!
- Milk storage containers, you will probably need those. To keep your baby’s milk fresh all the time.
- Nursing pillow, comfort for you, and you little angel.
- Brast pads, for those leaks! Necessary for hygiene reasons as well.
- Lotion for sore nipples, Moms who had that experience with breastfeeding will know how it feels!
- Bottle and nipple brush, If you need to use it for your baby. Always keep one handy!
- The formula, in incase you’ll need it. Always check the expiry date of your bay’s formula!
- Soft wash clothes. Your baby’s skin is very soft, keep that in mind.
- Baby soap, Use soap, specially formulated for babies.
- Soft baby hairbrush. Your little one will love it when you brush his/her hair!
- Baby lotion, always keeps your baby’s skin moist, because they have sensitive skin.
- Soft towels. After a bath, your baby needs to be wrapped in a soft and warm towel.
- Baby bath. A comfortable bath where your angel can be relaxed.
- Diapers, not too many in case of allergic reactions or the size and brand.
- Changing pads, You might need it, although it is not that important, accidents do happen!
- Baby ointment, Helps relieve dry skin. Soothes and relieves minor skin irritations and rash discomfort. Helps treat and prevent diaper rash.
If You Using A Crib
- Waterproof mattress covers will save you a lot of work and time.
- Sleepsack, It keeps your baby warm, comfortable, and cozy
- Approved crib and mattress
Other Important Items
- Infant car seat
Whenever you travel with your baby, safety is the number one priority! Get the best safe standard car seat for your infant.
Car seats protect your baby, while they in the car. Using a car seat saves lives and it is the law to use one.
For the comfort of both you and your baby, a baby stroller can be very helpful, and it makes your life easier especially for newborn babies, who sleep a lot.
- Nail clippers and scissors
It is extremely important to keep your baby’s fingernails short. They may scratch themselves in their face with long nails. You may also cover their hands with socks.
Babies get the flu sometimes. A bulb syringe can be used to gently suction mucus out from your baby’s nose.
It is best to use it when your baby is younger than 6 months old. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Baby Thermometer
You might need to take your baby’s temperature sometime, especially when they feel warm. Carefully read the instructions that come with the thermometer. Before and after use, clean the tip of it, for your baby’s health and safety.
- Medicine Dropper
This item can be very useful. Use it properly. Do not squirt medicine directly at the back of the baby’s throat. This may cause your baby to choke. Give small amounts of medicine at a time, give your baby time to swallow all first, before giving more.
- Fever Syrup
When your baby gets a fever, you might give them a little bit of fever syrup. Note, only when your doctor allows it, never give medicine to a baby without consulting a doctor first. Always read the labels and dosing of the medicine.
- Baby Monitor
Parents who use a baby monitor will exactly know the benefits of it. One of the primary uses of the monitor is to allow parents to hear when their baby wakes, while out of immediate hearing distance of the infant.
Not So Important, But Nice To Have Items
- Changing Table
Changing tables allow you to keep all changing things in one area, including your little baby. Although it is not necessary, it is very useful. Never leave your baby unattended on the changing table!
Rocking chairs can provide relaxation and sleep benefits for both mom and baby. It is found that these chairs encourage better and deeper sleep. It’s also a good way to bond with your baby.
- Diaper Bag
Your baby’s nappies always need a storage place, whenever you go somewhere! A diaper bag is ideal for carrying the diapers and other items that go with it.
It is not a necessity, but some parents find it useful.
- Baby Toys
Stick with safe, simple, and organic objects, when choosing toys for your little baby. Buy toys according to the baby’s age.
The safety of your baby is the most important. You should carefully examine any toy you plan to give your baby.
Avoid toys that will hurt them, and also consider the weight of any toy. Whatever toy you choose for your baby always make sure it is safe.
Believe it or not, when you hold your little precious baby in your arms, you forget about all your worries.
When everything is in place it’s much easier for a mom to raise her baby. The best of all is the love for your little one. Sometimes all they need is love.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article, please leave a reply or feel free to visit https://mybabyworldcenter.com/fetal-doppler-babys-heart-monitor/