It’s a twin pregnancy! Yeah! mom and dad are excited. Each of them got a different picture of the little angels on the way in their minds. They can’t wait to announce their twin pregnancy.
Some moms-to-be prefer to wait to share the news until they see a heartbeat on the sonogram(around 8 weeks) or the end of the first trimester(13 weeks) when the babies are less susceptible to miscarriage.
Having twins often means purchasing two of nearly everything. From cribs, swings, clothes, bottles, pacifiers, or diapers! Twins require a lot of baby gear, but it doesn’t mean you need two baby monitors. For parents with multiples who don’t want to spend a lot of money, there is a solution. You can only use one monitor.
How Do I Monitor Two Babies In One Room?
Soon after the birth of the twins, the parents start making plans for an extra pair of eyes and ears to look after their little ones. Most parents choose to have their babies in the same room.
With the technology of today, everything is possible. Two babies in the room can share one monitor which has two cameras. You simply set up each camera to point directly at each child s crib for a perfect view of both of them, and with the two in one room, you can see who’s crying or sleeping.
Having twins is exciting but it is also can be scary once you think about securing two babies. To monitor both 24/7 is not an easy task at all! But, with the help of a baby monitor, you can keep them safe even without being in the room.
Looking after one baby is a big responsibility, and having two can be twice the challenge! To ensure total peace of mind you need to be able to see your babies overnight. Nightvision is a must so you can see who needs your attention.
Our grandparents didn’t have baby monitors, and here we are today. In today s world, things are different, parents are always under pressure. Both of them are working, they simply need some help with their little ones.
Can I Monitor My Twins In Two Separate Rooms?
On the other hand, some parents prefer having their babies in two separate rooms. They mainly separate them, so the little ones can establish uninterrupted sleep patterns. It also helps both parents take responsibility for a baby overnight.
The American Academy of Pediatrics(AAP) recommended babies to sleep in the same room as a caregiver, on their own
surface, for at least six months of life.
Multiples who are co-bedded seem to sleep better, gain weight better, and keep each other warm. Although there may be benefits to letting twins sleep together, you should also be careful. If you choose to let them sleep together then make sure to reduce the risk of SIDS in other ways.
- Put your babies on their backs to sleep.
- Put them to bed with a pacifier.
- Keep them in a crib in your bedroom.
- Keep toys and plush blankets away from them.
- Having the twins in your room will make tending to them through the night much easier.
Healthcare Professionals Have Some Concerns Regarding Co-Bedding.
- If one (or both) babies are sick, there could be a mix up with their medications.
- If one baby is ill, you could accidentally give the medication to the other baby.
- If one baby got any anomaly like Downs, for example, it would be better for them to be in separate cots.
- There could be unnecessary exposure of a baby to oxygen.
- There could be sleep disturbances which may impact on baby’s ability to become healthier and:
- There could be temperature instability between the babies.
Co- Bedding At Home, Advantages For Both Babies And Parents.
- The babies enjoying being together.
- Co-bedding cuts down on laundry.
- You can go to one spot in the room, and attend to a baby while the other still has full visual contact with you.
- As they grow up, parents put them in separate beds. While they enjoying being with each other, don’t be surprised to find them in one bed together the next morning when you go to their room!
How To Choose A Baby Monitor
Monitors can be very expensive especially if you are planning on buying two! I always believe you should spend more money for better results. You have to invest in something that is going to last and give you high performance.
Always make sure your monitor’s battery is fully charged. To ensure total peace of mind, you need to be able to see your babies overnight! Nightvision is a must, so you can see who needs attention.
Choose a model with a frequency of 900 MHz or higher. This will reduce possible interference and increase clarity. Find a model with a prominent “low-battery” light.
Go wireless. Look for a model with a sound-activated light. Also, consider a video camera. Whatever you choose, get the best quality you can afford. Sometimes I suggest you save enough money for the best. Our little angels deserve the best.
Twice The Love, Twice The Joy, Or The Best Things Comes In Pairs
Whatever you call them, they are the most important in your lives. In this world, nothing can ever break that special bond and love between a parent and a child. Both parents and children are looking for the same thing, endless love.
What is a house without love, peace, and happiness? Somewhere in this world full of hate and war, you will find love. It all begins at our parent’s house.
You blessed with twins! It is double the giggles, double the grins, and double the trouble! There’s two to wash, two to dry, two to cry, two to hug, two to kiss and the best of all, two to love! Two unique souls united by birth! How awesome and special!
Hope you enjoyed reading my article.
Please leave a reply