A mother is a doctor, a teacher, a chef, a cleaner, and many more things in the house. A mom’s job at home never ends. She works 24/7, and when she got a little sick baby, it’s even worse. We all as a mom know that saying, “sleep while your baby sleeps, otherwise you will be awake 24 hours.”
Well, while other family members sleep peacefully, mom is sitting with a crying baby all night, and the best part of it is all for a good cause, for the love of our little ones and the rest of the family. A Healthy Baby is a Happy Baby.
How to keep my Baby comfortable with a sudden fever.
In our modern lives today, we as a mom sometimes trying to treat our little ones, ourselves at home in case of a sudden illness such as a fever. It is very important to know that our little baby is well to be treated home.
In case the baby got a sudden fever, there are a few tips to keep the baby comfortable. To start with, we may give our little one a lukewarm bath. Babies love water.
I remember, bathing my babies at night before bedtime. After that nice warm bath, most of the time they slept right through the night. Maybe any mom can try it.
Another tip, I will suggest you give your little one something cool to drink, I think while they in the lukewarm bath, it will be the ideal time to give them the drink because I believe the bath makes them a bit happier.
If your baby wearing a jersey or long pants, it will be wise to take it off while the baby got a fever, it will keep your baby cool, and that is the main reason.
Again, babies love it when they are not overdressed. Make Sure there’s enough cool air in the room. Our baby’s health is very important, keep baby happy and healthy.
When to take your baby to a doctor.
I think we as mommies got that natural instinct. We will immediately know when our baby needs medical attention, in other words, a Doctor.
If your baby is, in general, a healthy baby, then I don’t think we should panic too much, although a mom wants to do what’s best for her baby.
I remember my little baby(25 years ago) had a fever, he didn’t want to eat, he was just not well at all. I had him in my arms and I started to cry! My sister asked me what was wrong, I was still crying, replied, “My baby is sick”!
Well, I took my baby to the doctor and my baby had a tonsil infection. Now that I think about it again, makes me sad again. That’s how much we love our children. We cry for them.
When do you think it is the right time to take your baby to the doctor?
- If your baby is under the age of two or three months, take your baby immediately to the doctor. Your little one is vulnerable, do not give your baby medicine without doctors’ admission.
- Look out for any other signs and symptoms, like for example when your baby refuses to eat several feedings in a raw or, don’t want to eat anything at all!
- If there are any other symptoms like a running stomach and vomiting, seek immediate medical attention.
- In general, our little babies are our whole life, if you as a mom think that it’s necessary to take your baby to the doctor, do not hesitate. I believe we must follow our mother’s instinct. A mom knows best when it comes to her little ones.
The Temperature of a fever, when is it too high?
When your little baby is between the age of three and six months old, a temperature of 38.9 C will be high, and I recon then you will have to take the baby to the doctor immediately. Even if they older, don’t waste time, I will do anything to make my baby healthy and happy again.
What causes high fever in Babies.
- Our Babies got in touch with other people so often, such as family members, baby sitters, and even pets. It’s very easy for a little baby to pick up a cold or other viral infection from somebody.
- Ear infections and throat infections are also common in babies, and all these symptoms cause a mild to high fever. Babies can sometimes have a fever, which doesn’t necessarily mean that they sick, although when our baby got a fever, we should be concerned.
- People should not cough, or sneeze near a baby It’s very important to keep our babies away from other sick people. More serious infections like for example, meningitis may also cause a high fever.
- For your little babies’ health, it’s always best to seek medical help, because we don’t know what the reason is for our babies’ fever.
Hygiene around your baby
- Keeping your baby healthy and strong, we should observe proper hygiene to keep babies environment clean.
- We need to give them a regular warm bath, Oh! they love water so much! When they’re in the bath they are the happiest little angels! We also need to keep their eyes, ears, and nose clean.
- It’s very important to change baby diapers regularly, to avoid rashes. Rashes can be very painful and uncomfortable for a little baby.
- We, as their moms, must also be clean and neat on ourselves. There is nothing more sweet and cute than a nice smelling and clean baby.
- A healthy and clean baby will always be a happy baby, and of course the happy family around the little sweet baby.
Healthy Baby, Happy Baby
If our little ones are sick, there is chaos in the house. I think we all are sad, we don’t sleep enough, and that makes us irritated with one another.
In the end, a Healthy Baby is a Happy Baby and off cause, it keeps the whole family happy!
Thank you for reading my article.
Please leave a reply.